• To democratize the education
• To provide accessibility towards higher education
• To impart quality education
To Provide, nurture and maintain an environment of high academic excellence, research
and entrepreneurship for all aspiring students, which will prepare them to face
global challenges, maintaining high ethical and moral standards.
Aims & Objectives
BBA in Hospitality & Tourism
This programme has been launched to provide competent young personnel devoted
to their duties, well equipped with necessary skill, knowledge and attitude to work
for longer hours having ethical values to occupy the middle level supervisory position
who are equally responsible to customers, management & subordinates with a skill
to manage the show independently and ready to solve any problems with little or
no help from management.
Bachelor In Hotel Management & Catering Technology
• To impart the latest knowledge to students pertaining to the field of Hospitality
• To develop the right attitude among the students for them to work efficiently
in the industry
In the present scenario of globalization, the hospitality
and tourism industry has been identified as the fastest developing industry in the
world. It is ranked as one of the highest foreign exchange revenue earners and is
predicted to be the India’s largest industry in the near future. The hospitality
industry is an ever changing and demanding field, which is a part of the large service
sector, growing rapidly in India and abroad.
There will be a great demand for well qualified staff with
exciting and rewarding career opportunities. The courses offered by the TMV’s Institute
of Hotel Management & Catering Technology impart the zeal to achieve excellence
in every aspect encompassing all major themes of various technical and management
subjects as core topics for study, having broadened the scope of job opportunities
which otherwise was limited to only hotels.
Thus the programmes designed by TMV’s Institute of Hotel
Management and Catering Technology try to meet the needs of Tourism Industry at
Year of Establishment - 2007
Advantage of TMV’s IHMCT
A learner certainly has advantage studying at a deemed university which is accredited which implies that we offer quality education and our programmes are at par with national standards.
We offer very wide choice of subjects in our CBCS, which helps the student to learn life skills.
1. Bachelor in Hotel Management & Catering Technology (BHMCT)
• AICTE Approval No – Western/1-2809798115/2016/EOA Dated – 05-Apr-2016
• DTE Approval No – 2 / NGC / Approval / 2011 / 3058 Dated – 9th May 2011
• Maharashtra State Government GR No. – TEM – 2010 / (165/2010) / TE – 4 Dated 26th
2. BBA in Hospitality and Tourism (BBA HT)
UGC Notification No. – Declared as Deemed University under section 3 of UGC Act
1956 vide notification no. F-9-19 / 85-U-3 dated 24th April 1987 by the Government
Board Of Studies
Name of the Member
Dean of Faculty
Dr. Hemant Abhyankar
Heads / Co-Ordinators of the Departments
Dr. Suvarna Sathe
Three Associate Professors From the departments other than the Heads of the department
by rotation of the seniority.
Smt. Pournima Wate
Dr. Madhavi renavikar
Smt. Shubada Chandavale
Three Assistant Professors from of the department by rotation of seniority
1. Dr. Manjiri Bhalerao
2. Smt. Jyoti Patil
Three persons from amongst educationists of repute or persons from any other field
related to the activities of the institution deemed to be University who are not
in the service of the institutions, nominated by the Vice Chancellor
1. Dr. Lalita Vartak
2. Capt. Deepak Apte
Three persons who are not members of the teaching staff co-opted by the Academic
Council For their specialized knowledge.
The Registrar, who shall be the Secretary of the Academic Council
Click Here For Faculty Details Of Hotel Management
Contact Details :
Email of Department
List Of Courses :
* BBA in Hospitality &
* Bachelor In Hotel Management
& Catering Technology
Department Facilities :
Click Here for Gallery
1. BBA in Hospitality & Tourism
• Well equipped infrastructure
• Restaurant unit
• House keeping unit
• Front office Unit
• Classrooms having comfortable seating arrangement with modern amenities such as
OHP, LCD projector etc
2. Bachelor In Hotel Management & Catering Technology
• 5 months Industrial Training in the 8th semester (4th Year) which allows the students
to take up job opportunities immediately at exit point.
• The curriculum lays stress on grooming, personality development, computer skills,
and foreign language which helps in the complete development of an individual
By Faculty Members (Ongoing and Completed)
Faculty Up-gradation Click here
Academic Plan 2015-16:
Course Highlights :
Consultancy Cell :
The Hotel Managment Department has established a consultancy cell where services are
offered to various resorts and restaurants within the city and surrounding areas.
Consultancy services are offered in areas such as on-site staff training, staff grooming, facilities planning and layout,
menu engineering and interior designing at non-commercial rates.
Consultancy has been at Hotel Amruta Executive (Sarola, Bhor)and LIC Training Institute, Balewadi, Pune
Click Here For Placement Details
Department Achievements :
• Achievements (Staff and Students) :
1. 10/10/2013 - Thomas Cook (I)Ltd. conducted national level hospitality
quiz competition in Mumbai in which 120 teams from across the country participated
. Three teams from TMV's IHMCT department participated in the competition. Team
of Mr. Ali Naik and Ms. Bhagyshree Joshi from SYBBA in Hospitality and Tourism
secured the first prize.
2. 10/10/2013 - World Bread Day on account of international bread day Rotary
Club of Pradhikaran arranged bread competition. Thirty three teams from various
catering colleges from Pune and Mumbai took part in the competition. TMV`s IHMCT`s
team of Mr. Siddhant Sarvan, Ms. Hemangi Bhosale and Mr. Banza Nathan from
FYBBA in Hospitality and Tourism won the first prize and Mr.Pritesh Jadhav,Ms. Apurva
Tikekar, Mr. Nitesh Kavle from TYBBA in Hospitality and Tourism won the
Bread Competition Gallery
3. 15/10/2013 - Ms. Mugdha Satalkar received a gold medal and merit
certificate for standing first in Punjab Technical University,Jalandhar in M.Sc.
(Hotel Managment and Catering Technology and Tourism)
4. Staff Presented Paper at Thomas Cook-Disha - In october 2013, following
faculty member name Dr.Suvarna Sathe , Ms. Manasi Sadhale & Mr. Mahesh Randhave and
Ms. Mugdha Satalkar successfully participated in " Disha - Research Paper
on Travel and Tourism" conducted by Thomas Cook Centre of Learning.
• Co-curicular Activities (Staff and Students) :
1. 27/9/2013 - "Avenues in Tourisum for Hospitality Professionals"
Seminar attended by Dr. Suvarna Sathe, Prof. Mugdha Satalkar and Prof.Mahesh Randhave
at AISSPMS`s CHMCT on the occasion of World Tourism Day.
2. 26/10/2013 - Mr.Akash Lilani (FYBBAHT) secured a second prize in
essay competition on "Peace in mother of success" organized by Lions Club
and TMV's Foreign Cell.
• Other Activities:
1. Yummy Delights (4/11/2009) – (A vegetable snacks Food Festival)
was organized by the Department of Hotel Management. It was inaugurated by Hon’ble
Vice Chancellor Dr. Deepak Tilak at 11.30am. Yummy Delights got a good response
from Vidyapeeth students and faculty members. The active participation of the students
and faculty of Department of Hotel Management made the event successful.
2. Snacky Mania (10/2/2010) - (A snacks Food Festival) was organized
by the Department of Hotel Management. Snacky Mania got a good response from students
and faculty members of other departments. The active participation of the students
and faculty of Department of Hotel Management made the event successful.
3. Theme dinner(16/2/2013 & 17/2/2013 ) - organized on 16th & 17th
February 2013 students responsible for entire planning organizing and execution
of the dinner. Theme was Valentine: students prepared food served in to guests and
created beautiful décor for the theme.
4. Eat Street (25/9/2013) - (A Veg. & Non- Veg food festival) was
orgnized by the Department of Hotel Management. It was inaugurated by Hon`ble Vice
Chancelor Dr. Deepak Tilak at 11.30 AM. Eat Street got a good response from vidyapeeth
students & faculty members. The active participation of the students and faculty
of Department of Hotel Management made the event successful.
Eat Street Gallery
5. Bakery fest (05/03/2014) - Bakery fest “Golden Crust” was organized by the Department of Hotel Management. It was inaugurated by Hon’ble Vice Chancellor Dr. Deepak Tilak at 11. 30 am., in presence of Hon’ble chief guest Mrs. Pimplekhare (Owner Oasis Group of Hotels) “Golden Crust” got a good response from Vidyapeeth students and faculty members. The active participation of the students and faculty of Department of Hotel Management made the event successful.
* TMV's Institute Of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
* Cocktail Event Arranged By Hotel Management Department